IN-MOLD DECORATING (IMD)
Our In Mold Decoration (IMD) solutions combine the high quality printing capabilities of PC foil and the benefits of 3D plastic injection. In Mold Decoration designs allow a large variety of printed colors, textures and finishes all decorated on second surface of the foil, while providing superior reliability, life time abrasion and environmental resistance.
BENEFITS OF IN-MOLD DECORATING
- Variety of decoration finished, textures and metallic color effects.
- Maximum key-top height at 4.5mm and sharp corner radius.
- Feature to feature gap minimum 0.20mm (subject to design review).
- Support enhanced graphic backlighting effects.
- Supreme life time abrasion protection.
- Second surface graphics provide excellent abrasion and chemical resistance, making In Mold Decoration a highly durable, low-cost interface solution.
- A keypad can be supplied as a foil, or the keys can be split and reassembled onto a rubber key mat for piano-key style spacing and higher sealing performance.
- IMD solutions enable high resolution graphics with multiple color options in metallic, matte, and high gloss surface finishes and textures.